Tuesday, November 15, 2016

100 Days of Happiness: Creating Moments & Self-care

Day 36:

Today I took off day from work. But I still came to office area for one reason, definitely not work. I had a great lunch with my colleagues that usually I don't get lunch with. It was a relaxing afternoon for me as I didn't need to rush back to office. I could have my lunch and had good chat & laughter with them at the same time. It makes me realized that in one time it's important to create moment with people. You can't value them from the amount of money you spend, but you enjoy the moment you spend with them.

After lunch, I went to had ultrasound breast check for the first time in my life. It's a nerve-wrecking and uncomfortable experience for me. The staff put on a generous amount of warm gel to my breast and pressed them using a handy roller tool. Oh my, it's really uncomfortable. But I still need to do this as one of my self-care actions.

I also went to dentist today to get some treatment and used up my company benefit quota. Like most people, I don't like to go to dentist. I hate hearing the drilling sound of the machines that they use in the clinic. Before my appointment due, usually my brain will be busy looking for excuses not to come for the appointment. But, again, I need to do this to improve my dental health.

There are many ways to show you care to your body. The above are only 2 examples of thousand possibilities. Below are some suggestions:

1. Get enough sleep
2. Drink water
3. Eat healthy food
4. Reduce alcohol intake
5. Exercise
6. Indulge in dark chocolate once in a while
7. Go for vacation & de-stress



No comments :

Post a Comment